If you happen to break or chip a tooth, we can treat the issue for you. Before you make the visit to our office, you can try some of these suggestions, which can help you protect the tooth and relieve discomfort.
– If you can find the missing pieces of the tooth, you can gather them up and bring them to our office. We may be able to use them to restore the tooth. If you can’t find them easily, that is okay. We can still treat the tooth without them.
– You can use some warm water to rinse out your mouth. You can also rinse off the pieces too, if you find them.
– You may need to apply some gauze to the tooth for a short time to minimize or stop bleeding.
– You can apply a cold compress to the area to help you relieve discomfort and swelling.
– If you cannot make it to our office quickly or if our dentist cannot meet with you immediately, there is no need to worry. You can use some dental cement to cover the tooth, which should protect it until Dr. Matthew Gerald can see you.
Our team is happy to be of service to you, and we hope that you find these suggestions helpful. We offer this and many other services at our office here in Woodbridge, Virginia. If you ever need us, you can call us at 703-496-4082, and we look forward to seeing you!